Discipline Yourself to Discipline the Children

It's more than three months since the children stay at home. Lots of things happen even though that physically we are just staying at home. My husband assuming new role in his office, and me being trapped in the middle of the commotion that is Covid-19, we ended up neglecting the children. The children are actually stay at home, well, learning at home, but since both of me and my husband are busy, they end up busying themselves with games, and games, and more games.

So, yesterday, having realised it, we decided to do some disciplinary action. It didn't go smooth of course, but I realised that in order to discipline the children, the very first person that we need to discipline are ourselves. 

So, tonight I write, starting again, discipline myself to write again, since I gave the task to write to both of my kids. Before that, I exercise again, and I have to say exercising makes me feel good. I write down all of the things that I need to do today, and it makes me feel good.

Being a parent mostly a trial and error games, trying to sail in uncharted territory, and I guess, the best way to preach your gospel is just by doing it. To discipline your children you need to discipline yourself. 



Comments

Popular Posts