Faces...

Lots of things happened in this world. So much so that if you want to keep update of those things it will swept you away in one stroke.

Today i met this man. This man with an nice face and nice glasses, beautiful wool trousers, a vest that i guess part of a suit (but he wore a rain jacket) and a ring in his pinky finger. This man stared hard at me. I return the stare with a smile, but he didn't budged. He just stared harder, makes me feel like an E.T. Maybe i was an alien in his eyes. He talked with this confidence, cocky tones that dismissed me as this other things lower than him, probably trying took some advantage from him, whatever it is that i was trying to steal (Yeah, whatever). It made me feel mad. He successfully made me feel mad and want to yell in his face. And he made me think. Perhaps he's this wealthy man who despise anything or anyone not as wealthy as he is (or at least not as he appeared to be and want other people to perceived him). But i don't think a wealthy man come in the middle of the day to the Asian grocery stores buying tons cheap panga with coconut milk himself. I dismiss the thought. Probably he's this unhappy husband running errand for his wife. So unhappy that he forgot to smile. Probably he's this worker from some company that needs to keep up his appearance but end up doing odd jobs. He was so unhappy with his job that he doesn't know how to smile. And he hates all this foreigner with towel in their head that eats up his tax and someday probably going to take his job.

I don't know. His rudeness made me create lots of scenario to understand the rudeness. And i feel a bit disappointed on myself. I should have say something to him, instead of smile. I should be tough. Apparently, i was thinking that smile was a sign of weakness.

And Paulo Coelho said that nowadays, smile related to craziness. Doh. But i know no other way than to smile to confront some rudeness. I am not those smart mouthed person nor i am a witty person with my words. That won't be me.

And tonight on twitter people are talking about this woman who laundering some big money from huge international bank. They're not talking about her crime, but about her plastic face. Even the chief PR of the police managed to say that in reality, she's not beautiful, she's fake. She got boob job, nose job, and every other plastic surgery that you can think of perhaps. She even got a 'berondong' as an accessory.

I laugh reading through this police words. Really, what is reality? I guess the police officer never woke up in the morning feeling that the face that he saw in the mirror is not the face that should reflecting his soul. That the face seems so distant, not some part of you that you can recognized. That it is some other reality.

You can have fake nose. You can also have a fake smile. You can also have a fake reality.  It's the matter of perception and or your self projection.

Yeah. And i am thinking again about that man with the beautiful trousers that bought two carts of cheap fish in the middle of the day. No more angry, i am hoping that he can someday wear his smile. Really. So no need for him (and us) to robbed some other's people money and go with the plastic surgery just because you don't like what you see in the mirror. Perhaps the problem isn't in your face, it's deep-deep within you.

Howgh

Comments

Popular Posts