Overthink and Mindfulness.

I always have the tendency to overthink everything. If I have problem at work, I would think about it until I am losing sleep. Not really a good habit since I know if I do that, I won't be able to think clearly, I won't be able to rest, and I would eat just whatever. So I try, at least for this last month, to go back again to mindfulness. To calm my own mind by slowing it down. To tell myself that nothing will be solved until I think it clear and through. Not always work but most of the times, I feel better. Lately I also love to read those book that is seems to 'flow'. I read the newest Zadie Smith, very good albeit very short, and then Kate Zambreno's Drift ( i am still half way through, the book is somehow meditative bordering to boring sometimes). Now I read this Japanese woman's work, Mieko Kawakami. Very interesting since somehow she is kind of question all of those male Japanese literary giant, well, Haruki Murakami to be exact, hahaha. As always, it is very hard to write those days. I keep dreaming of writing down my thought in my head but somehow I never have the time to actually open my laptop and write. But now, I try. Writing is a form of meditation for me.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts