Travelling

“And if travel is like love, it is, in the end, mostly because it’s a heightened state of awareness, in which we are mindful, receptive, in dimmed by familiarity and ready to be transformed. That is why the best trips, like the best love affairs, never really end.”
― Pico Iyer



I've been travelling a lot lately and somehow, somehow i realise that i prefer to travel alone. Or with my husband and my kids. Travelling without them would be just working on the go. I don't know. Maybe after all, I am a homebody. So I decided not to go to Canada just because I want to go there with my husband and decided that I am going to Melbourne instead because my husband's been there. Silly? I don't know. It is unexplainable feeling. Me and my husband, we love to go places, mostly with me decided where to go and he dragged himself along with me. From Père Lachaise to the underground city of Kaymakli, he never falter to follow me. Later he told me that he enjoyed it. Go to places with me babbling about the place, the history. And for me, everything is just get better with him around.

I hate to travel fast. I realised that I am a slow traveler. I also hate crowded place. And it runs in the family. My kids hate crowded place. I remember when we went to Malioboro just on the New Year's Eve and my son would just ask, "What are we doing here and what are we actually trying to see? It is just people. Lots of people, I don't like it,' and me and my husband would just laugh. Just a couple of minutes ago I decided not to go to a small warung that was dubbed one of the best food just because it is too crowded and chose the restaurant next to it, a small coffee shop that I can just sit and write to this blog. 

As I grow older, I guess I refuse to compromise. Including on traveling. I want people to understand. I guess it made sense why older people sounds rigid and sometimes obnoxious to the younger generation. Ok now I sounds like I am already 70. Have you ever think what part of traveling is enjoyable?






Comments

Popular Posts